Shaw Lane, Leeds
Shaw Lane is the development of a former Victorian ‘gardener’s cottage’ and its grounds, to create two unique three-bedroom homes. The scheme is located in the much sought after Far Headingley Conservation area of Leeds.
Working closely with the local planning department, Robinson Developments has designed a striking new scheme for this unique and hidden site. The original building dates back to the late 1800s (1895). Records show that it was built as a ‘gardener’s cottage’ for the market garden that served the larger houses in the area.
The development comprises of:
- 8 Shaw Lane – the existing cottage is being extended and renovated to create a bespoke and spacious, modern family home. The character of the cottage has been retained, and the roof space opened up to expose the beams. – SOLD
- 2 Claremont Road – a new build property constructed within the grounds of the original cottage. The design complements the architecture of the original premises, while incorporating modern features and open plan living. – SOLD
Both properties feature:
- One storey living
- Three double bedrooms
- Modern kitchens designed by Nolte
- Open plan living
- Ensuite shower rooms to main bedroom
- Italian porcelain tiles in kitchens, bathrooms and utility room
- Utility room with plumbing for washing machine and dryer
- Front and rear gardens
- Off road parking for two cars
- Lockable bike sheds
Shaw Lane is situated in the leafy surrounds of Far Headingley. The area, which is described as retaining the character of the early 19th century rural village, is a place of special character and historical interest.
The development is within easy walking distance to the centre of Headingley and Meanwood, which boasts extensive shopping and leisure facilities, and good public transport links. It is within easy commuting distance to both the centre of Leeds and Bradford, as well as popular towns such as Harrogate, Otley and Ilkley.
For further details
PLEASE NOTE – these images are for illustrative purposes only and are subject to change. Anyone interested in the development should contact Robinson Developments for exact details of the properties being shown here.
Architecture by Riverside Design Studio Limited